Thanks to those who attended the monthly meeting on Sunday, May 5th! Here are the May Minutes if you missed it.
In our efforts to increase transparency, help Mystic Grove friends and fans keep up, and assist forming CUUPS chapters and other groups, we’re making it a goal to make more of our documents “public access” as we continue to revise our website.
The next meeting is June2, 2019 at Noon in Room 1. Guests welcome to observe and learn how we work.
INSPIRATION PHOTO AND LUNAR RITUAL
This month Moon Circle studied Kwan Yin, the Chinese goddess of mercy and compassion. It also studied the Heart Chakra. Moon Circle class continues on May 24 with “Throat Chakra” in class.
Our next ritual is Summer Solstice Morning Service at 11 AM in the sanctuary followed by coffee hour snacks and games. The theme is “exploring personal power.”
We continue to format past rituals and also work on captioning photos for the anniversary photo book. You are welcome to bring old memories, photos, and helping hands.
We celebrate 3 years as a CUUPs chapter by hosting Coffee Hour after the Children’s Annual service. The theme is ““Generational Reflections: Honoring Our 1U Teens and Younger UUs.” We will be bidding Rev. Christine Dance goodybe by making her the May Queen and teaching the congregation how to dance around the maypole. Rev. Dance has accepted a position with UU Phoenix. We will also work on the classroom tree painting.
You can help make decisions about 2019-2020 education programs by taking our survey online or in person.
Email registration is open for “Kitchen Witchery!” To save your space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kitchen Witchery” is the title. In this 8 session adult summer series on 2nd and 4th Thursdays, we explore various demonstrations from “Kitchen Witchery” by Cerridwen Greenleaf. Learn how to bring the sacred into the simple acts of making meals, teas, and crafts from the garden and kitchen. Text is required.
Tuition is $40 for the series to reserve your spot and supplies. Please bring your tuition on first day of class in cash or check.
(Or tuition is $5 per class for “drop in” students with the understanding that supplies may be limited since we didn’t know you were going to drop in that day.)
1 full scholarship and 2 half scholarships available for those signing up for the entire series. Read more about the class and syllabus here.
May 17 : Teaching Craft Circle. We create bright bold new elemental banners from Kona cotton with felt applique for the Midsummer 2019 service in half size (approx 10 in x 36 in) and full size (approx. 20 x 72 in). Come help out and learn to make your own in similar style!
Mystic Grove welcomes helpers!
- University UU Newsletter Reporter. Email skills required. Using a template, you craft the blurb for our sister church’s newsletter about our upcoming activities. (20 min once a month from now until June 1 to cover the Spring Term.)
- Brochure Delivery. Your own transportation required. Pick up brochures/fliers and deliver to various locations in town. 1-3 times a semester, can be done one Saturday afternoon or spread out.
- Craft Supplies — seeking collage bits for Dragon eggs in June. (sequins, small pebbles, shells, etc) Also hot sealing wax and seals, paper for July.
MYSTIC GROVE CALENDAR
MYSTIC GROVE LINKS TO KNOW
- Mystic Grove WordPress: https://mysticgrovecfl.wordpress.com/
- Mystic Grove Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mysticgrovecfl/
- Mystic Grove YouTube: https://tinyurl.com/mysticgroveyoutube
- Mystic Grove 1U Page: https://www.orlandouu.org/groups/mystic-grove/
- Mystic Grove Calendar : https://mysticgrovecfl.wordpress.com/calendar
Questions or more info? Please email us at email@example.com